MassDevelopment stands with the Baker-Polito Administration against racism and injustice. Read more

A message to the Devens community regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). Read more

Permits & Licensing

The Devens Enterprise Commission (DEC) acts as a multi-purpose regulatory authority and is responsible for issuing all building, plumbing, gas, electric, sign, and food service permits and liquor licenses. Permits for additional construction (fence, pool, shed, etc.) and permits for home businesses must first be approved by the Homeowners or Condo Association.

Devens Enterprise Commission
33 Andrews Parkway
Devens, MA 01434
978.772.8831 ext. 3313
fax: (978) 772 1529

The Devens Animal Control Officer issues dog licenses. All dogs six months and up must be registered each year. A current rabies certificate is required. All dogs belonging to new residents should be registered within 30 days of obtaining the dog or moving to Devens.

Devens Animal Control Officer
99 Buena Vista Street
Devens, MA 01434

All other licenses and certificates are provided by the Town Clerks in Ayer or Harvard:

Susan Copeland
Ayer Town Clerk

Ayer Town Hall
One Main Street
Ayer, MA 01432

Amy McDougall 
Harvard Town Clerk
978.456.4100 x316

Harvard Town Hall
13 Ayer Road 
Harvard, MA 01451

Receive news and updates about Devens.